"Save" function takes longer than normal.

Hello,

I recently got a new rig and I noticed some things that I am not entirely pleased with in Ps (questions will come soon). The most notable one here is that when saving a doc, it takes 4-5 times as long as it did before. What did I mess up?

Edited by Gera

1 minute ago, Damien Symonds said:

Hi @Gera I've moved this thread into Brian's area, because this sounds like it's out of my league.

I did think about posting there first. Thanks!

What are you trying to save and where? What type of storage medium are you using and is it internal or external? 

Also, how large is the document / image? Are you duplicating and flattening the image a lot? Is your image created with a High MP camera? How much RAM do you have. 

Need more info. 

Also, manufacturers have been doing a lot of bait-and-switch, due to the Chip shortage. So while you might think you bought a new PC with all the latest and fastest technology/chips, that might not be the case. In fact, some m.2 drives that are brand new perform as fast as one that is 94% full that’s been running for 3+ years, and it’s a brand new drive! The reason is, the manufacturers install slower components/ chip controllers / flash memory. 

The problem can’t be identified via a website and it affects things being advertised on reputable sites. So you might have to exchange that new rig or the HD that was installed. 2021 is such a mess when it comes to technology and you might not have done anything wrong; it’s just they way it is. Very much like you “almost” get a gallon of ice cream in the US now. 

I actually found the problem (oversaw something dumb). I had set my compression set to ZIP in the external editor settings. After changing it to 'none' again were good to go. Thanks!

• Like 2