Slow PC

shalea

Hey Brian,

How do I check the health of my PC? It seems to be running really slow especially when trying to cull photos in ACR and then when I click on a photo to open in PS it takes a while to do. 
I’m not computer savvy at all so the technical parts of computers I’m clueless so please excuse me if I’m vague. 

thanks 

shalea 

The biggest culprit that causes Windows to slow down is usually due to a lack of HD Space, followed by a slew of Windows Updates waiting in the queue to be installed, followed by a lack of RAM. 

I’m going to need the particulars of your computer as there just isn’t a single answer to “Why is my computer running so slow?” It could be 20+ different things that I can think of off the top-of-my-head. 

I have a PC desktop running windows and Photoshop 23.2.0. It is under 2 years old, and has 16.0GB of RAM. Its hard drive (c Drive) has 220GB free out of 930GB and (d drive) has 2.44TB free out of 3.63TB. The last time I shut down was last night. I run a cleanup program about once a week USING glary.

Yep. That's the problem with having two or more drives, you can't just click "next-next-next..." LOL!! You need to by hyper anal on ever setting, every screen choice, etc. because everything defaults to the C Drive. :) 

At least you have a starting point. Once we get your photos moved over, let me know how much space is free. Sometimes "Temp" files can suck up hard drive space.

• Like 1