ACR keeps erasing my adjustments

ACR keeps erasing my adjustments. Do you know why this might be happening? I always cull first by choosing the ones I will edit by giving them a 5* rating, then I edit. The first time it hid several files and I couldn't find them, so I re-uploaded them. Now for the past few days when I go back to finish editing, the adjustments and ratings are gone, so I keep having to start over. I tried to download the most recent update, but now I'm starting over AGAIN. 
Any tips/tricks?

Thanks!
Julie

I have a Mac laptop running 10.10.5 and Photoshop CC. It is under 2 years old, and has 8GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 12GB free out of 250GB. The last time I shut down was more than 24 hours ago. I have never run a cleanup program.

Well it says "Get your Mac the brand new duplicate finder. Gemini 2 saves even more space on your Mac: it finds duplicates, spots similar files, and cleans them all out. System Requirements: OS X 10.10+"

Do you think it's safe/good to use?

Gemini is the leading duplicate file finder for the Mac. 250GB is microscopic by today's standards. 12 GB free is really-really bad and the source of your problems. 

With a 250GB drive, you need to be hyper anal on what gets stored. No photos or files. Only operating system and programs. 

Gemini should help, it will generate a list of duplicates and let you decide what to do. 

• Like 1

Oh, if you want CleanMyMac to do anything substantial, you need to pay for it. I highly recommend it and you should be able to find a coupon code online to help lower the cost. Search for "MacPaw coupon code."

• Like 1

On September 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM, mrswright5 said:

Thanks Brian, I bought both! It cleared enough space for the adjustments to come back so I didn't have to re-edit this set of images! 

I need to do some real backing up this weekend so I can get photos off my computer still, but it was a start. 

Thank you all!

• Like 1