Dell U2412M and Spyder4pro

Hey D - So I did all the things that Datacolor told me and did a full calibration with every single preset (numbered and otherwise). Not a single one came back within the range of 6000-7000 but I went ahead and went with the next highest preset (6500) which gave a current value of 7375. Now the screen is too cool.

Not sure if these images will help since they are from my cellphone

If I borrowed someone else's calibrator (easier than borrowing their computer) and it calibrated ok - would that work? If the prints matched, then would I know there is a problem with the calibrator (as opposed to my screen). And if they didn't match then I would know for sure that the problem is with the screen?

capture daniela 6500K comparison.JPG

CApture Kara 6500K comparison.JPG

3 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Not a single one came back within the range of 6000-7000 but I went ahead and went with the next highest preset (6500) which gave a current value of 7375. Now the screen is too cool.

Did you also try the next lowest?

3 hours ago, Jennifer said:

If I borrowed someone else's calibrator (easier than borrowing their computer) and it calibrated ok - would that work? If the prints matched, then would I know there is a problem with the calibrator (as opposed to my screen). And if they didn't match then I would know for sure that the problem is with the screen?

Yes, my thinking exactly.

Yay - Dell finally sent me a new monitor - well refurbished - but hopefully better than the one I had! I am going to calibrate tonight - should I reset factory defaults and do full calibration? I would imagine they are already at the factory default settings, but don't want to assume.

Is there anything else I should be doing - like getting rid of color profiles anywhere? i vaguely remember (and doing this) when I uninstalled and re-installed the spyder 4pro. Since I'm not planning to do an uninstall (unless you tell me I should), then I don't need to do that, i do?

Thanks!

Well- I uninstalled/deleted the datacolor folder, re-installed, reset factory defaults on the monitor, and got all excited when one of my Presets 5700K had an actual kelvin temp of 6170. And then in the middle of measuring, I got a pop-up window. I had to move the device to read the message. Wth? It's not a wide gamut monitor. What do I do? 

image.jpeg