Changing the colour of background

Falon

Hi Damien whats the best way to change the background colour to slightly darker blue not aqua(not sure if you know who giggle and hoot the kids abc show is but the blue on hoot to be exact. I can find a image if its easier). Just wanting to see if its possible and easy to do for future photos. Hoping its not time consuming.

Thank you

IMG_9864.jpg

No will be just the background. Im wanting to be able to use it as a giggle and hoot theme for a cake smash but the blue isn't the correct colour. 

Ok, great.

Have you tried the simple method first?  Just a Hue/Saturation layer, choose "Cyans" and enter roughly +10, +75, -60 or thereabouts.

The thing about this method is, you have to check edges (like the hair and the fluffy rug very carefully, because it an sometimes leave weird stuff at edges.

• Like 1

Will give this a go. Is it going to be fairly easy to apply to each image or a pain if it's going to be a pain I will just use my other back drop I have. The client just said she likes this one but is happy to use the other one. I just don't want to say it will work and it be a nightmare for me haha 

7 hours ago, Sue Morris said:

Can you give me a simple description of the difference between hue blend mode and colour blend mode please Damien?

Color blend mode affects everything.  Hue blend mode only applies the colour to areas that already have colour, and leaves neutral areas alone.

• Like 4