focus check.

Chaserofdreams

15 minutes ago, Chaserofdreams said:

yes.. I am trying to figure out why it didn't send.. New to the screenshot process. this is probably a dumb question but it wont let me paste the picture to my comment so where does it save the screenshots on my computer so i can add it as an attachment?

You can't paste a screenshot directly to this site, or any website anywhere on the internet.  That's not how screenshots work.

After taking a screenshot, you have to create a new blank file in Photoshop, Ctrl V to paste the screenshot onto it, then save it as a jpeg file in the usual way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

I ... don't actually think you read this?

screenshot.thumb.jpg.71d9e589f06d8641f6a117ce2362e528.jpg

Sorry.. I did read it, Just didn't totally comprehend it. I think I do now.. Don't know why I thought i was supposed to screen shot it at first. Thanks for your patience with me! Is this right?

crop.jpg

cropped.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

On 3/5/2017 at 9:04 AM, Damien Symonds said:

You can't paste a screenshot directly to this site, or any website anywhere on the internet.  That's not how screenshots work.

After taking a screenshot, you have to create a new blank file in Photoshop, Ctrl V to paste the screenshot onto it, then save it as a jpeg file in the usual way.

Unless you are on a mac of course, where you just grab the screenshot which as automatically saved  as a jpeg on your desktop ( or where ever you have set it up to go I would guess).

Just now, Sue Morris said:

Unless you are on a mac of course, where you just grab the screenshot which as automatically saved  as a jpeg on your desktop ( or where ever you have set it up to go I would guess).

We can see from Chaser's profile that she's using a PC.  But anyway, no, that's not an automatic assumption.  There are a variety of ways to capture a screenshot on a Mac, and not all of them automatically save to the desktop.  And it's not a jpeg even when it does.

• Like 2

Just now, Damien Symonds said:

We can see from Chaser's profile that she's using a PC.  But anyway, no, that's not an automatic assumption.  There are a variety of ways to capture a screenshot on a Mac, and not all of them automatically save to the desktop.  And it's not a jpeg even when it does.

Shift, command, 3 and shift, command ,4 both make jpeg images - every one I have uploaded to this site has appeared on my desktop as a jpeg that I choose straight from the choose files link to upload.

• Like 1