< Go back to the previous step    << Go back to the beginning

Successful calibration!

Hooray! Your job is done. Press “Next” …

next.gif

… and you’ll come to the final screen:

nec18.png

Again, this screen is fun for curiosity’s sake, but has no particular importance. You can see my NEC shows 88% of the sRGB gamut, which is nice.  Your screen might be less, or more.  It doesn't really matter - only the print matching matters.

However, if you're curious to see even more information about your profile, I recommend this.

Note your settings >>

Hi Damien,

So I use WHCC and they say to use 6500k gamma 2.2. I set my screen originally to that and recalibrated and my screen was cooler than my prints. I went into expert console and set the white point to 5800k then to 5000k and then set my monitor color also to 5000k. Then I recalibrated. Prints had more reddish tones so then I adjusted the spyder tune area to reduce more red. I think I got a good match but I feel like I made changes so far off the recommended 6500k. Is that normal? Or should I just scrap this, reset it all and start again? I want to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

I know it's not sustainable. Once I get some steady clients (we are in a new state so I am starting over and have zero) I plan on fixing this issue with good lighting. I will open the blinds for sure. Should I reset my whole thing and redo my calibration? I feel like I am struggling so much with this and want to make sure I have this correct before I do any more. 

You can leave the blinds closed while calibrating, but open them to do the print comparison, and leave them open when editing (except if they actually cause glare or reflection on your screen - of course that's no good).

So for now, just open the blinds and do the print comparison again.  If you think you need to recalibrate, do so.  If you think you still have a match, then leave it as is.

Ok. Sounds good. When I calibrated I made the room super dark with almost no light and but then used natural light to compare. Do you think I should just recalibrate with the natural light and blinds just closed or is that too much light on my screen? I wasn't sure. 

1 hour ago, SRubyor said:

Ok. Sounds good. When I calibrated I made the room super dark with almost no light and but then used natural light to compare. Do you think I should just recalibrate with the natural light and blinds just closed or is that too much light on my screen? I wasn't sure. 

No, it shouldn't be necessary to recalibrate just for that reason.

Damien,  I moved my system to another area.  So the editing room is totally different than the one I used for years.  The lighting better actually.  I found when I went to re-calibrate, I used my new SpyderX Elite.  The prints I used to match from Nations, didn't match.  Thanks for the tutorial, I learned alot, because at first I used the generic calibration from Datacolor.  I really spent hours trying to match, and like what you say in the tutorial, the 6 prints that I got from datacolor didn't match exactly.  I might be to picky.  I am going to send out for new prints, using the same pictures, and a few new ones-- for matching purposes.  As you may see, I know this isn't a perfect way to show the color differences -- because the example I am attaching, is an unedited Iphone-- the print from Nations is still slightly warmer, but a few other print matches are slightly cooler -- what is your opinion on my matching choice ?

IMG_7298.jpg

IMG_7299.jpg

7 hours ago, MHalloran said:

the print from Nations is still slightly warmer, but a few other print matches are slightly cooler

Then you're probably in the ballpark!  I'd go ahead and use the screen to edit some new photos, and print them to see how they turn out.

• Thanks 1