Spyder x pro

Nope, haven't bought one yet. I've been slacking. Well, I haven't really been shooting or editing photos due to COVID (Not traveling, etc. ) Honestly, I've been more focused on things like upgrading WiFi, running Cat 6a Ethernet in my house, due to my Wife now working from home and she needs speed.

From what I can tell, the SpyderPro X works fine with the new iMacs and Catalina.

Edit: This is what I've spent my money on doing:

backboard.jpg

Oh wow! Thats amazing ... Looks like a switch board lol!  What is the green contraption you got there ?  I'm about to purchase the  Spyder Pro X  and hope it works better than the Xrite I spent almost 300$ on! 

I'm just not happy with it. I will be purchasing Damien Raw class soon but I want to make sure it's calibrated correctly before I do the class.

Will the Spyder have a brightness option since that has really been my problem ?

Oh, there's more than just the calibrator?

Yeah...it's best to get light bulbs that are around 6400K-6500K and have your walls painted a neutral color, like gray to help cut down on color casts. Here is the Paint / Color that I used for my area where I edit photos:

Sherwin-Williams -- Gray Screen (SW7071)

14 hours ago, Michelle Pena said:

What is the green contraption you got there ?

It's my Ryobi Battery Charger for my cordless tools. I also have a few charging units for my fancy flashllights. 

It's very hard to find those online even. Thats why I went with the 4100k. I'm sure you don't remember the whole conversation. What recommended lumens? right now I have the 4100k and 550 lumens and that is bright I have 7 of those bulbs surrounding me. And difficult to to focus and see with those bulbs even at 550 lumens.

As far as my wall when we painted this house I specifically wanted a color that would not cause a color cast. So its a matte beige/tan with no yellow undertones its more on the grey side but not yet grey if that makes sense. The whole house is painted in that color not even 2 years ago so that's not going to change lol! 

3 hours ago, Michelle Pena said:

It's very hard to find those online even.

You need to shop at a lightbulb store. Not Amazon.

Here is a CFL 5000K Lightbulb.

Currently, I have 75W equivalent CFL bulbs that are 4100K. (two of them in a overhead light fixture.) Their Lumens are 1350. 550 is just not bright enough. I'd try different bulbs next. Get them brighter. You are free to purchase a SpyderPro X since painting your room isn't an option you want to pursue. Though there are no guarantees it will work better.

Yes you have sent me this link before in another conversation. This company will not ship to me. So then I had to try another online store and they did not have this bulb at all so I had settled on the 4100k and 550 lumens. There is a whole post about this issue somewhere but when I typed my name in search... I didn't find it in the list on Damiens page. I wanted to go back and see what else you had suggested. IT may not work better but at least it will work with Catalina when one day I want to upgrade it.

4100K or 5000K or whatever, relates to the color temperature of your lightbulbs. 3000K is "Warmer" and 6500K+ is "Cooler." The Sun is around 5200K, at Noon in direct sunlight. So with the paint on the walls, you might have to go in one direction or the other to help counter-act that color. Beige...meh for editing. No matter how you think you don't have yellow undertones, it's probably screwing with your calibration. 

Lumens is the "Umph" of the Lightbulb. The higher that number, the brighter it is.  

I swiped this chart from this web page:

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.39.27 PM.png

OK , so I cannot change the walls no matter what its not possible. I edit and calibrate at night so that changes the color in the room anyway. So then I need brighter bulbs correct and warmer? If I understand you correctly ? I just sent out for prints to start the calibration process again.

I've been trying o calibrate this machine for a year now and nothing is working .I've moved my work space and changed light bulbs twice added more lamps so that I can add more light to the room and still nothing. I really don't know what to do next lol!

If you can't change the color of your walls, then the only thing you can do is change the color of your bulbs and the output power. You need more power output, they are too dim. As far as warmer or cooler, I'd try cooler next. Beige / Tan reminds me of a warmer color. Even though you think it doesn't have Yellow Tones, it does. It's Beige.

19 minutes ago, Michelle Pena said:

So I got my prints back and they are warmer and darker than the screen.

That usually means that the lighting in your room is too warm and dim.

20 minutes ago, Michelle Pena said:

Or Get warmer bulbs first ?

No, cooler brighter ones.