Michelle Pena

Spyder x pro

Sign in to follow this  

Well crap , those are the bulbs I had before the 4100k. I had 5000k and 880 lumens I had 4 bulbs going with those.

Posted (edited)

I already have the 5000k and 800 lumens bulbs and still same problem. I had them before the 4100k bulbs. 

Edited by Michelle Pena
I thought the comment did not go through

You have to make your room lit the same at night as it would be during the day.  That's all.

ok I'll change them again today. So then should I calibrate tonight with the 5000k bulbs Or change the bulbs first then calibrate ?

The lights.  It's possible that your screen already matches your prints, you just don't know it yet.

OkI found some LED that were 5000k and 1600 lumens or do I need a specific kind of type of bulb or CFL ?

I'm also not crazy about the light next to the couch. Those tones on the globe can cause a color-cast and also kill some of the light:

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 10.13.01 AM.png

You want them to be like your other lights.

I will not be using this. I will use the 4 in the over head light fixture and depending how bright it is I'll be using a couple more in one of the two bulb lamps or both two bulb lamps.

So I found over at my local Home Depot 5000k at 900 lumens is the highest they had. They had higher lumens but at 2700k , yuck. I'm using 4 bulbs in the over head fixture and two lamps with two bulbs each. My prints look better ! It's still just a tad dark but a huge improvement the prints are still warmer but not  by a whole lot. I'm currently calibrated at d50 native lumens. Do you think I need to try re calibrating or find brighter bulbs , perhaps online somewhere?  

Ok. I know you've answered on many many occasions. Should I keep the lights while calibrating ? And which point should I start at ? Since I am at already d50 and native lumens ? 

2 minutes ago, Michelle Pena said:

Should I keep the lights while calibrating ?

Just follow the instructions, they'll guide you about this.

Since I am at already d50 and native lumens ? 

Lower the brightness of your screen to match the prints, then calibrate again just the same.

OK I'm not quite understanding. So lower the brightness first before calibrating ? Because its already quite low.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 11.13.28 PM.png

Yes, but didn't you say that your screen is still brighter than your prints?

Posted (edited)

Yes if you can  re read I said the prints were  a tad darker but not bad compared how it was.

Edited by Michelle Pena

Yes, but still a tad darker.  So lower the screen's brightness so it matches exactly, then calibrate again.

Posted (edited)

OK so this weird. I updated the profiler and opened up your instructions to start process. Well it didn't give the options in step two and three. Like it did not show the option to pick out measurement size like the small, medium , large and it didn't ask me to adjust brightness?? You know anything about the update?

Prints are warm by the way. Brightness looks good surprisingly  even when it didn't  ask me to adjust it .

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.28.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.28.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 12.29.02 AM.png

Edited by Michelle Pena
adding photos

Just now, Michelle Pena said:

Prints are warm by the way.

No they're not :(  Your room light is still warm.  The prints are fine.

Well it didn't give the options in step two and three.

Can you give me the link of the page of instructions that didn't appear for you?

Did you see the screen shots? It looks different. Maybe they are warmer than the screen because something is not right with the new update ?

Sign in to follow this