Spyder x pro

SO I did get back my prints from WHCC and they look better than Bay Photos color by just comparing them side by side in daylight. I calibrated to D50 70 Lum was my final calibration to get a close match to WHCC ... comparing I'm not sure if I'm seeing the prints cool or green. Brightness is better. I purchased 6500k bulbs at 1500 lumens and I'm using 8 around my work space. I'm just not sure if I'm looking at it too much or what lol But I tried the other setting like d75 and d65 and so on. D50 seems to be it.So screen is warm and prints either cool or green.Thoughts ? Don't know if I should be posting here or not lol  edited to add not all the prints look green just two of them.

Edited by Michelle Pena

It is a completely new iMac not PC , not even a year old LOL! Anyway, I will be taking the class but wanted to ask you if I would be learning how to edit the opposite of the light and airy look for outdoor images...  not dark and moody but somewhere in between .....I guess I would need to show you an image of what I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm excited to purchase the class and ready for my outdoor images to look better and of course indoor but I struggle a lot with outdoor images.

1 minute ago, Michelle Pena said:

I will be taking the class but wanted to ask you if I would be learning how to edit the opposite of the light and airy look for outdoor images...  not dark and moody but somewhere in between

"Somewhere in between" is exactly what we aim for, yes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Michelle Pena said:

D50 70 Lum was my final calibration to get a close match to WHCC

If it makes you feel any better, I am at D50 and around 80-ish on my 27" iMac. Everything else just is too off the mark. I'm also 2-3 ticks from the left in terms of brightness. Even after calibration, the Mac screens are just too bright. So don't be afraid to lower the brightness yourself, regardless what the calibration software says. Honestly, D50 makes the screen just warm enough and not as cold as the Apple Default, and my colors are so much better. Also, after calibration, I see so many different gradient levels, especially in the darks.

Thank you Brian, I've not slept because this has been heavy on my mind. I have it 2 ticks down from the left , if I go any lower, them I can't see the screen well and then I start to see a glare. Talked to WHCC as well and they said I have PS set correctly :) 

• Like 1